Monday, May 18, 2009

The Frosted Cherry



The night before Mother's Day I was up late per usual.  I finally went to bed around midnight.  As I laid in bed and my brain was going a million miles an hour, I wondered if I had left my jacket outside.  We had had a garage sale earlier that day and I wore a jacket in the early morning and put the money that I made inside the jacket.  Wouldn't that suck if I left my jacket outside and the money got stolen?  So just in case I had, I went downstairs and checked the front porch for my jacket.  No jacket.   It was inside.  Phew.  

What's this?  I noticed a box next to the door.  A box of cupcakes????  For me?????  Sweet!  I was so excited to see that someone had dropped off a box of cupcakes from The Frosted Cherry on my front porch.  If you've read my earlier posts you know that I have absolutely no self control.  There was no saving these for tomorrow.  I ate one right away.  It was chocolate with strawberry butter cream frosting and a cherry on top.  Yummy.    It dawned on me after I'd eaten one that I should've take a picture of the pretty cupcakes before I ate one.  Oh well.  So I brought the cupcakes inside and took a picture of them in almost full glory.  

I didn't want to be a pig so I wanted maybe five minutes until I ate a second one.  It was a lemon merange pie cupcake and so delicious.  I could have had another one but I decided that I'd wait until it was actually Mother's Day to finish off the rest.  I go to bed thinking of the cupcakes.

Which brings us to the next day.  It's Mother's Day so I absolutely don't move when the kids start waking up.  I'm going to sleep in because it's my day.  Around 9:30 or so (give or take another hour) I get up and go downstairs to see my cupcakes.  Ahhh!  Who ate one of my cupcakes?  Without even asking? And where's my breakfast?  It's Mother's Day.

John was the culprit of the missing cupcake.  Why must I tell him everything?  He should just know me well enough by now to know that I was planning on eating all six of those myself.    Anyway, because I'm nice I decide to share the rest with the kids even though I still want to eat them all myself.   The kids pick out a cupcake and enjoy the sugary goodness.  Well, I guess that means I don't have to make breakfast.

Thanks Holly and Charise for making my Mother's Day extra sweet.  You can count on an order from me for Roman's birthday coming in June.  www.thefrostedcherry.blogspot.com

1 comment: